Tuesday, May 26, 2015

WW: Field Day {Linky}

With last week being the last week of school, and my husband being out of town for half of it, I got behind in posting. 

The boys had their Field Day last week. 

It just so happened to be Isaak's birthday on that day. I was supposed to be giving my final to my college students. My assistant was kind enough to give it for me. What was I thinking having a baby (Isaak) the last week of school, and another one (Mica) on the first week of school? I've never been able to go to a single one of the boy's Field Days. I was happy to go!

Plunger and a Ball - If they dropped it, they were supposed to use the plunger to pick it back up. Not very many kids did that. They used their hands.


Hockey Stick and a Ball
 

Gunny Sack Race - This one cracked me up! Mica (the one in blue) said, "Mom Field Day turned into Valentines Day. Sofie asked to be my partner in the 3 legged race." He's had a crush on her all year.

 
Mica's teacher joined in on the fun.


Racing With a Wet Sponge - Their line had to race to fill up a bucket down the way. Whatever line filled the bucket up first won. 



Tug of War - The one girl I know, and her Mom's ok with online photos. I swear Mica was thinking, So what the girls are up.



Mica - Yes we won!

The Bounce House Race


Field Day has changed, since I was little. It used to be long jump, high jump, pass the baton, who could run around the track the fastest. We got ribbons for these things if we placed 1st, 2nd, or 3rd. 

Now there's no winners really. It's all for fun. There's no ribbons.



The Apel's The Apel's The Apel's The Apel's The Apel'sThe Apel's

22 comments:

Karren Haller ♥ Oh My Heartsie Girl Linky said...

Those are all fun relay games, but I have never seen the plunger ball game. That would be funny for adults.

Thanks for stopping by Oh my Heartsie Girl this week to link and share your blog!!

Hope you have a great week!
Karren

Ai Sakura said...

These games are so fun! For our Field Days, it's more like what you experienced - more races with medal placings than fun games like these.

Catch My Words said...

We're out of school, too. I didn't think anyone else got out as early as us.

Diana Mancuso said...

That looks like such a fun field day! I had never seen the plunger and ball game before but I think that one would be lots of fun. And for a second there, I thought the kids were wearing masks. But it's cuter than blurring their faces. LOL

Kristin Aquariann said...

I always dreaded field day, but that one looks fun! Cute captures. ^.^

OrangeHeroMama said...

Plunger and a ball looks hilarious!!

http://www.homeofohm.com/2015/05/miniature-donkeys-by-roadside.html

csuhpat1 said...

Looks like fun.

I got three more days in the school system for my kid.

csuhpat1 said...

Looks like fun.

I got three more days in the school system for my kid.

Rhonda Albom said...

Looks like fun. That plunger game looks like a blast, I might do it with my young Girl Guide group.

Masshole Mommy said...

My kids have theirs next week. They are super excited about it.

Evija said...

Beautiful photos, looks like a lot of fun thank you for sharing and joining our Oh My Heartsie Girl Wordless Wednesday Link Party.. Have a great day, co-host Evija @Fromevijawithlove

The Fabulous Journey said...

So glad you got to be there...that's the stuff of memories! Thanks for joining us on Oh My Heartsie Girl Wordless Wednesday!

Shellie
www.thefabjourney.com

DebC said...

So glad you got to go! Our school calls it "Play Day" now and yes, it really is just for fun. A little treat for this kids at the end of the year. Ribbons are a thing of the past I guess.

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

We had field day last week too. Eventually, I'll have a post up on it!

Indah Nuria Savitri said...

looks like lots of fun indeeed....and healthy as well :)

Indah Nuria Savitri said...

looks like fun indeed...and healthy as well :)

Charlie said...

When I worked in public schools I LOVED field day! The kids, like yours, had so much fun! It was so nice for teachers to interact with the kids in this way too.

~ Noelle said...

Guess I should post mine soon :)
Our field day growing up was more like yours, thinking that's in the past, as Broxton's was more just fun things. As long as they are being active and having a good time, I really don't care. Seeing the happy faces makes it all worth it to me.
Funny yall have on long sleeves and what not. We were in shorts and tshirts and about to pass out from the heat ;)

NanaHood said...

I hated field day when I was in school because I was NOT an athlete. Then I became a mom and ALL my children were good athletes. Now I'm watching the grands compete! Looks like they had fun! Come visit me at NanaHood.com and link up there! Teresa

Theresa Mahoney said...

Field day is always so fun! Allison's is next week, I believe. I don't know if the parents are invited to attend though.

Veronica Lee said...

Looks like a fun day! Love the captures, A.

Eat To Live said...

I bet the kids slept good after all that running around.

Disclaimer

The opinions on this blog are my personal take on products and topics relating to motherhood. This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me.

I am not compensated to provide opinions on a variety of topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are my own. If I claim to show knowledge of certain topic or product I will only endorse products or services that I feel, based on my expertise, are worthy of such endorsement.

If you have any questions about this blog, or want to get in contact with me please email me at: anapeladay@gmail.com