Saturday, February 14, 2015

Sing, Sing a Song Saturday

Sing, Sing a Song Saturday is all about me discovering something that is different. I don't want to post things that you and I have more than likely heard before. I want to find something different. It could be from another country, someone singing from the streets of NY, and more.

A few years ago we bought the boys ukuleles for Easter. 



They played them a little, but mostly they were one of those things that got set in their closets. Recently Mica's taken an interest in getting it out, and playing it. He watches YouTube tutorials on playing the ukulele. You've got to start somewhere right? 

I looked up bands, singers that play ukuleles. Lisa Hannigan came up. I really love her music. It's calming.

Between writing her first album - 2008's Sea Sew - and its eagerly awaited successor, Lisa Hannigan's life has changed in many ways. 

She was nominated for the Choice Music Prize in her native Ireland. Hannigan has conducted her life as a solo artist up until this point. 

Source


Knots



Little Bird


Check out Lisa Hannigan website.
Like Lisa Hannigan on Facebook.
Follow Lisa Hannigan on Twitter.
Subscribe to Lisa Hannigan on YouTube.

3 comments:

Masshole Mommy said...

Ukuleles are such a fun gift. My oldest would love one!

Eat To Live said...

We sold a ukulele that we had found at a yardsale a few years ago.

Theresa Mahoney said...

The paint video was a bit weird, though I do like her mellow sound. She seems like a very happy girl!

Disclaimer

The opinions on this blog are my personal take on products and topics relating to motherhood. This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me.

I am not compensated to provide opinions on a variety of topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are my own. If I claim to show knowledge of certain topic or product I will only endorse products or services that I feel, based on my expertise, are worthy of such endorsement.

If you have any questions about this blog, or want to get in contact with me please email me at: anapeladay@gmail.com