Friday, December 19, 2014

Random Tid Bits

  1. Every year I bring a huge plate of cookies and goodies for my co-workers, Dad's co-workers. I send a tin to Grandma and Grandpa Apel, take a plate for Christmas Eve, and another plate for Christmas Day.

  2. This year I brought in my plate to work. All of my co-workers were thankful - except the 2 that eat the most. One said in the break room not thinking I was listening, "It's about time." Just remember to be thankful. I certainly didn't make the cookies for me. I try my best to not eat, while I bake and decorate. On the flip side, I was super touched by another co-worker that left me a message just to thank me. Do you make Christmas goodies each year?

  3. Last Friday I headed over to my parent's house to decorate my cookies with my mom, sisters and niece. They make fun of me for getting out my pill cutter to cut M&M's for my snowmen's noses. I don't mind. I know it's ridiculous, but 1/2 a small orange M&M makes a wonderful snowman's nose.


  4. My mom is the Wrapping Nazi. She used to get mad at me for not wrapping presents right. The tape couldn't show. As a kid I would say, "But Mom the tape is clear." If the seam of the paper was cut bad she freaked out. I reminded her of this on the day we decorated cookies. She said, "I'm not like that anymore." :) Maybe my picky decorating with cookies was the result of her being a Wrapping Nazi. 

  5.  I'm thinking of letting Mica set the Santa gifts out under the tree this year. I don't want Christmas to be a disappointment now that he knows about the man with the beard. It's like a rite of passage. I still have to talk this over with Dad. He never cared for the whole Santa thing at all. It was more my thing.  

  6. Earlier I was wrapping packages. I was trying to get as much done as possible in one night like usual this time of year. Dad comes from being out and says, "How can I help you?" I tell him what to wrap. He does. I said, "Honey that DVD comes from Santa not Mom and Dad. You'll have to re-wrap it using the other paper." He got huffy and puffy. This folks is why you have to sometimes do things yourself. I was in a good mood before he started helping.

9 comments:

~ Noelle said...

HA!!!
I love doing it all...
I wrap ( I know marc wouldn't anyways) But I love putting out Santa... It is my thing... I know my mom and dad used to do it together... but Marc wanted to have the boys do it (since I don't think they ever believed) but I didn't want it like that... lol, it is MY thing... so I wanted to do it... and I do :)

As for your co-workers, I would purposely NOT bring them next year, since they seem to think it is automatic that you do it...

~ Noelle said...

HA!!!
I love doing it all...
I wrap ( I know marc wouldn't anyways) But I love putting out Santa... It is my thing... I know my mom and dad used to do it together... but Marc wanted to have the boys do it (since I don't think they ever believed) but I didn't want it like that... lol, it is MY thing... so I wanted to do it... and I do :)

As for your co-workers, I would purposely NOT bring them next year, since they seem to think it is automatic that you do it...

Theresa Mahoney said...

It's usually the ones who dig in first that are the ungrateful ones. I spent 4 hours making cookies yesterday. 1/4 of those went to Jason's work. Nobody ever thanks me for the cookies, but when I don't send them, they sure do complain about it!

mail4rosey said...

I usually do all of the wrapping. This year I'm so overly swamped that I asked dad to help. We're wrapping on Sunday. :)

mail4rosey said...

Oh, and the half an M&M for a nose IS cute. :)

Masshole Mommy said...

That was SO rude of your coworker. I hope they read this and know what a jerk they sounded like!

Anonymous said...

Next Christmas I would give each coworker a small plate of cookies with their names on each, eliminating the two coworkers who were not grateful for your kindness.

Eat To Live said...

Man... a couple of your co workers need itchba slapped. Wouldn't you just like to smack their hands as they reach for a cookie?

Ai Sakura said...

I think the snowman's nose looks so cute! I'd never have guessed it was from M&Ms!

Don't bother about that ungrateful co-worker. Just concentrate on those that are thankful and give you good vibes at work :)

Ai @ Sakura Haruka

Disclaimer

The opinions on this blog are my personal take on products and topics relating to motherhood. This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me.

I am not compensated to provide opinions on a variety of topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are my own. If I claim to show knowledge of certain topic or product I will only endorse products or services that I feel, based on my expertise, are worthy of such endorsement.

If you have any questions about this blog, or want to get in contact with me please email me at: anapeladay@gmail.com