Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Shave Time, Shave Money

The Dollar Shave Club asked me to post how I shave time, and how I shave money.


I've been trying to think of ways that I do both. While sometimes the two work hand in hand, other times they don't.

  1. I buy clothes when the season is just about to end for the following year. Instead of looking for that winter coat before winter time, I look for it after. I've getting nice winter coats that are usually $75, for $10. I do the same when it comes to back to school shopping. The boy's backpacks were originally $45, and I got them for $10.

    More money is spent on clothes for Mica because he's the older one. Isaak can wear hand me downs, which are usually in great shape. Most of the boy's clothing goes through 2 kids.

  2. I always set the boy's clothes out the night before. This is a big time saver for us in the mornings. 

    When I don't set clothes out, this happens:

  3. Another thing we do to save time and money is carpool. We do this when the kids are out for a break. It gives us time to spend with one another, and there is less cost on gas.

    I also try and run errands all at the same time, and I plan out where everything is at, so I'm not running all over the place wasting gas.

  4. We do not have one certain thing that others do have: Cable, and/or Direct TV. The time others spend watching TV I spend blogging. Sometimes you have to ask yourself if you really need or want bad enough extras like that. I like having internet, but I eliminated much of the TV watching in our house.

  5. We reuse to save money. Those Styrofoam containers that come with meat get washed and used in our house. Daddy melts them down to use for his sculptures, and Isaak uses them for a paint palette. I uses any yogurt, or cottage cheese containers for paint water at my work (since I'm an art teacher).

  6. We grow some of our own food. While gardening does take time, so does going to the store. Going to the store also costs money. We grew a ton of greens, beets, spices, peas, corn, zucchini, and tomatoes this year.

  7. We keep a year round compost pile to A) Help our garbage to not stink. We don't have to take our trash out often. This family of 4 only goes through 1 or 2 trash bags a week. B) Help our garden to grow.
Our potatoes from last year:

Find out ways that Dollar Shave Club Can Shave Time, Shave Money from your life. 
They are a members only club that delivers good quality razors and grooming supplies for a reasonable fee! They send the razors, blades, and supplies right to your door. No more forgetting to buy blades.

What Are Ways You Shave Time, Shave Money?

Disclaimer: The opinions on the post are my personal take on the product. This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. I was under no obligation to review it if I so chose. Nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review. I received nothing to write this post. This post is part of the Shave Time, Shave Money campaign put on by Dollar Shave Club.


The Apel's The Apel's The Apel's The Apel's The Apel'sThe Apel'sThe Apel's

7 comments:

~ Noelle said...

i wish we could go without tv, but marc loves it...

Masshole Mommy said...

I don't think we could live without a tv.

Eat To Live said...

I have a compost pile too and you should see the tomatoes growing in it this year. I also save money by buying out of season clothing and saving it till next year.

Maryann D. said...

These are great ideas and I do some of them such as doing all my errands at once hopefully in one day to save on gas. Also my daughter does reuse things that I would have gotten rid of for her art supplies, like jars and cans and things like that.
twinkle at optonline dot net

Theresa Mahoney said...

We shave time by laying out clothes the night before too. Also, planning out what the kids want to pack for lunch the night before helps too.

mail4rosey said...

I always buy winter coats at the end of the season. One for each kid, and quite a few for the shelters (we donate at Christmas time). This year I didn't find one! First time in a long time. I will miss the tradition of donating them, but I'll offer something else in their place.

Liz Mays said...

I used to reuse those styrofoam trays for glue when the kids were making crafts.

Disclaimer

The opinions on this blog are my personal take on products and topics relating to motherhood. This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me.

I am not compensated to provide opinions on a variety of topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are my own. If I claim to show knowledge of certain topic or product I will only endorse products or services that I feel, based on my expertise, are worthy of such endorsement.

If you have any questions about this blog, or want to get in contact with me please email me at: anapeladay@gmail.com