Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Santa Fe, New Mexico

Daddy let me drive once on the trip. Guess what? I didn't take a right highway, and ended up going 20 minutes out of the way. Hence the reason why he drives, and I do not. I also get really tired driving.
We saw this on the way to Santa Fe:


There are a few things that you should note about Santa Fe: 
  • It's filled with art galleries. This is great if that's what you are into.


    I like going to galleries, but I can only handle going to them for so long. I'm that way with history museums to. Daddy can't understand why I'm like that. I heard, "You were an art major, and you are an art teacher. What's wrong with you?" Never mind the fact that my major was Illustration, and I'm into graphic design. I know it's all related. Art History was my least favorite class in college. I love going into bookstores and browsing the children's books just to look at the pictures though. Going to galleries is kind of like shopping for me. Yes I love it, but I can only do it for so long. A lot of artwork in one stretch anywhere has a certain feel. Once you've seen 3 galleries the size of museums you kind of feel like you are in repeat mode. I know Daddy was getting irritated with me. I was just done. Daddy could go to galleries ALL DAY LONG.

    I felt like I had to entertain kids that didn't want to be there. If we went too fast through there, then that's too fast for Daddy. If I made games out of the experience, then we're too slow. I played I'm Going to Guess Your Favorite Artwork in This Room, and then they guessed mine. Daddy looked at me as if to say, What is taking so long? I tried my best to wear the kids out before we started. It was my idea to go hiking in the morning. That will be the next post. I only wore myself out I'm afraid.

  • If I sat outside a gallery to give the boys time to be boys, then Daddy wondered what was wrong with me? He thought I was having a miserable time. Then it was all the boy's fault that I was not into the gallery experience. Like I said I can only go to galleries for so long. Sure it was the kids, but it was me to.

    Do you ever feel this way about going to certain places?

    I found this photo of me on Daddy's camera. I thought it was fitting to put it here.


    I really felt like Oscar the Grouch on Sesame Street. Santa Fe is one of the happiest places, and so is Sesame Street. I guess we can't be happy every moment of a long vacation.

    Source
  • Santa Fe is sunny almost year round. Bring some sunscreen. It was not uncomfortably hot. It was just sunny.

  • I really wish we would have gone on a Tuesday. Tuesdays are the days they fly hot air balloons. It's not that I would have wanted to go on one, but I would have liked to have seen some in the sky.

  • Source

  • There is good, healthy eating choices. I guess they are known to like chili peppers. It takes the food a bit longer because the chilies have to be cooked just right.

  • One of the places we went to was Annapurna's Word Vegetarian CafĂ©. I loved it! One thing about traveling is that food places are usually unhealthy. Once you do find a healthy place, feeding the kids is another story. While adults have a choice of sides, kid's meals are usually fries. I got the boys an adult salad to split. That's what I did most of the time from then on. They didn't always get salads, but they got an adult dish, and split. It worked much better for them, and cost less to.


    It was decorated very beautifully to! Sorry not the best photo. I was fighting the harsh light coming in the window.


  • There is sweet architecture.  They have trees and mountains. In Nebraska it's flat - grassland.
I wish the houses looked like this in Nebraska!
 

This ladies and gentlemen is the oldest house in the US! 1646 A.D.




One unrelated thing about our trip was the hotel room. This was the second hotel we had. Both the first and second hotel had the same room number. How odd is that? Another odd thing about hotels were that they just kept getting better and better. We paid about the same price for all of them.


6 comments:

Cascia Talbert said...

I've never been to Santa Fe, but I went to Albuquerque a couple of years ago. New Mexico is a beautiful state and it looks like you had a great time down there.

Theresa Mahoney said...

We drove through New Mexico many years ago, but I didn't take in the sights. I wish we would have because your trip looks awesome! I had no idea that's where the oldest U.S. house was located either!

Masshole Mommy said...

I am still in awe of the scenery down there. It's just something you don't see here where I am.

mail4rosey said...

I love art galleries and could stay there all day. In fact, there's one I want to go back to in Chicago because after a few hours there, I knew my daughter wanted to leave. I'd love to go by myself!! It's not going to happen, but I'd love it. :)

~ Noelle said...

I love driving... the riding makes me sick....

Eat To Live said...

My Hubs would like going there just to eat the hot chili peppers. I am growing some but they aren't very hot yet.

Disclaimer

The opinions on this blog are my personal take on products and topics relating to motherhood. This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me.

I am not compensated to provide opinions on a variety of topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are my own. If I claim to show knowledge of certain topic or product I will only endorse products or services that I feel, based on my expertise, are worthy of such endorsement.

If you have any questions about this blog, or want to get in contact with me please email me at: anapeladay@gmail.com