Monday, May 5, 2014

Lumenx Mountable Bicycle Light Review

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.

I got the Lumenx Mountable Bicycle Light to review. It's a high quality front mount bicycle headlight / flashlight.


I thought this would be perfect for Daddy to have on his bike. Mica is at the stage when he likes to ride a bike trail in town. What I worry about is them losing track of time. They may start riding when it's light out, but don't realize it's getting dark towards the end of their venture. The Lumenx Mountable Bicycle Light is perfect for situations like that.

Once upon a time a long time ago Grandpa (my dad) road his bike often. He was riding on a trail here, and it got dark. He carried a flashlight with him. He dropped it, and all the batteries fell out. Then he was moving along, and a possum was on the trail. He avoided it because he had the light. Aunt Terra (my sister) that was behind him hit the possum like it was a speed bump. No accident occurred, but it could have ended badly.

It came perfectly packaged:


Install:

Really it took only a few minutes to install. No tools are necessary when installing it. It's not big, or bulky. It's also not a loud color. Black pretty much goes with anything. The materials are waterproof with advanced "O" ring seal. It's made out of a durable military grade aluminum.


Light:

The flashlight is attached to a mount on the bike. You can remove the flashlight if needed. No tools are needed if it's removed. I could see this being helpful if Daddy or Mica dropped something in the dark, and needed to go back to find the something.

It shines up to 500 feet. That makes it easy to light up their path. It's a LED light, so it more powerful than most other bulbs. The bulb is a CREE Q5. The light zooms up to 2000x! I was surprised at how powerful it lit up. There is also a flash mode, which would be handy for cars to see a bike on the road. That is an important emergency feature.


As you can see even in the daylight the bulb shows up.

The back of the bike has a light to.


I love this Lumenx Mountable Bicycle Light set. I'm thinking many people are going to get one for Christmas in the near future. It's $49.99 and on sale at Amazon for $35.77.

Disclaimer: The opinions on the post are my personal take on the product. This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. I was under no obligation to review it if I so chose. Nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review.


The Apel's The Apel's The Apel's The Apel's The Apel'sThe Apel'sThe Apel's

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks pretty neat and durable.

mail4rosey said...

The light is great. I can't imagine hitting a critter on my bike. I'd freak out, I'm sure of it. Glad that didn't end badly for her!

Eat To Live said...

This would work well for my early morning bike rides.

Theresa Mahoney said...

My husband used to ride his bike every night after work. I used to worry about him riding in the dark. This really would have come in handy for him then!

~ Noelle said...

That looks great- too bad we don't bike or I would be all over that :)

Helga said...

That looks like a great bike light. Important to have!

Disclaimer

The opinions on this blog are my personal take on products and topics relating to motherhood. This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me.

I am not compensated to provide opinions on a variety of topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are my own. If I claim to show knowledge of certain topic or product I will only endorse products or services that I feel, based on my expertise, are worthy of such endorsement.

If you have any questions about this blog, or want to get in contact with me please email me at: anapeladay@gmail.com