Thursday, May 15, 2014

Date Night at Blue Barn Theater

In between a new baby in the family, a friend birthday party, a project that Daddy's working on called the Flock House, getting a new refrigerator, and Mothers Day we managed to sneak in a date night this last weekend.

I won tickets $50 value from the blog Oh My Omaha! to see 33 Variations By: Moises Kaufman at Blue Barn Theater.

I had no idea what to expect. I had never been to that theater before. 


Daddy and I liked all the artwork, and posters in the lobby. Blue Barn Theater is a supporter of the arts, and we love art.

The show its self was about Beethoven, and a modern day family where the Mom was studying Beethoven's music. There were 2 stories going, and then the stories started to collide. 

The modern day mom was dying of Lou Gehrig's Disease, and wanted to get her study of Beethoven done. Her daughter couldn't understand why she couldn't just focus on her health.  

Beethoven was going deaf, and the people in his life wondered why he just couldn't publish what he had done. He never seemed to get done with his work. He wanted to finish.

We really enjoyed the play. Daddy related to the message of the play a lot. I can't imagine having to know all those lines. In a movie they do a scene, or two a day. For a musical, or play they do everything at once.

My students do campaigns for non profit organizations. I'll be adding Blue Barn Theater to their list. 

There is only one thing about theaters that I've never understood. That is bathroom breaks. They always want you to wait until intermission to use the bathroom. On the diet I'm on I have to drink a ton of water. Waiting to use the bathroom...I felt like a kid that's potty training. The Blue Barn Theater doesn't have a bathroom in the lobby. We had to wait awhile to get into the theater, then was able to use the bathroom. That sounds silly, but that's the only downside to the theater in my book.

4 comments:

~ Noelle said...

glad yall had date night and were able to enjoy yourself...
my friends husband is fighting ALS now -that disease SUCKS

Theresa Mahoney said...

That sounds like the perfect date night to me! I love going to live shows with my husband!

Unknown said...

I'm glad you liked the show! I've never been disappointed with a Bluebarn production.

Eat To Live said...

What a fun Date Night. My Hubs and I should do a date night once in awhile.

Disclaimer

The opinions on this blog are my personal take on products and topics relating to motherhood. This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me.

I am not compensated to provide opinions on a variety of topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are my own. If I claim to show knowledge of certain topic or product I will only endorse products or services that I feel, based on my expertise, are worthy of such endorsement.

If you have any questions about this blog, or want to get in contact with me please email me at: anapeladay@gmail.com