Saturday, April 12, 2014

Sing, Sing a Song Saturday

Sing, Sing a Song Saturday is all about me discovering something that is different. I don't want to post things that you and I have more than likely heard before. I want to find something different. It could be from another country, someone singing from the streets of NY, and more.

This week I'm featuring a singer named Oren Lavie. He's an Israeli songwriter, singer, playwright, and theater director. He's the same age as I am, born in 1976. Lavie was born in Tel Aviv and spent his youth in Israel. In 2001 he moved to New York. In 2003 he moved to Berlin.

His music video for Her Morning Elegance earned a 2009 Grammy Award nomination for "Best Short Form Music Video".

Source

I love stop animation videos. I googled, "Stop Animation, Music Videos" and that's how I found Oren Lavie.

Her Morning Elegance


Oren Lavie's music isn't the type to dance to. It's calm and relaxing. It's the type of music you can write and read while you're listening to it.

A Dream Within a Dream


Check out Oren Lavie's Website.
Check out Oren Lavie's Facebook Page.

7 comments:

Masshole Mommy said...

His music is perfect background music. I could put it on while I blogged or something! I like it.

mail4rosey said...

He's got a unique strong voice, even though it's soft. It's not a bad sound!

Harry Flashman said...

I like instrumentals but I'm not much on vocals. Not many Israeli singers around though.

Eat To Live said...

I have never heard it... of course. But I do like it.

Ai Sakura said...

His stop animation music vid is so cute! I would love to learn how to make simple ones too :P

Ai @ Sakura Haruka

Theresa Mahoney said...

That video is pretty cool! I bet it takes a long time to put something like that together!

Cascia Talbert said...

He has a lovely voice. I've never heard of him before. Thanks for sharing this! Have a terrific day.

Disclaimer

The opinions on this blog are my personal take on products and topics relating to motherhood. This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me.

I am not compensated to provide opinions on a variety of topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are my own. If I claim to show knowledge of certain topic or product I will only endorse products or services that I feel, based on my expertise, are worthy of such endorsement.

If you have any questions about this blog, or want to get in contact with me please email me at: anapeladay@gmail.com