Monday, January 20, 2014

Abe's Market Review

Good quality food comes with a major cost it seems. That is why I shop online much of the time. Abe's Market has sales a lot of the time. Recently I won a gift certificate on their Facebook page.

The hardest thing for me is picking out what I want. There are so many good choices. Everything I got had a code to go with it, or was on sale. So the prices reflected are not what I spent. They are just the actual prices on their site.

I've been wanting small glass containers for afternoon snacks. I really don't need to go to the vending machine to chow down. That's so bad, such a waist of money, and horrible for me! I often have Protein Balls, or Aussie Bites for a snack. They are healthier than many other snacks. Really I just need a few to tide me over. The total for the glass Wean Tubs (comes with 2) is $10.99. They have other color choices as well. I think they are meant for babies and toddlers, but the suit my needs well!


Daddy and I have been in love with Indian food. Many of the recipes that we find calls for Garam Masala. This spice is difficult to find in a typical grocery store. I ordered it through AbesMarket. We are putting the spice to use in the slow cooker today. It will be nice going home, and having dinner already made. I found the recipe, and Daddy put together Slow Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala. Value for this spice is $6.01.



I love reusing things. Therefore I have reusable grocery bags, reusable sandwich bags, but I've never had reusable produce bags. The pack came with 4 bags. They are breathable, and washable. The total came to $14.44.


I'm always looking for soaps of all kinds. I keep telling myself that I'm going to make my own laundry and dishwasher soap, but I keep finding brands that I want to try out. I've heard so much about Seventh Generation. Their small container washes up to 66 loads. It's 4 x ultra concentrated. It's valued at $18.99.

The boys both have sensitive skin. I'm still careful about the soap I use on them. I don't want anything too harsh. The one featured below is $15.99.


What is Abe's Market?

It's an online marketplace for super natural products. They've been featured on: The New York Times, CNN, Lucky, Good Housekeeping and more. They've done their research for you, so there's no need to search the net, and pay for different shipping fees. In fact Abe's Market has free shipping above $49.

They have the story behind their products. Ingredients are not hidden. All these questions are answered:
  • Who makes the product? 
  • What's in it? 
  • Where is it made? 
  • How? 
You can ask questions about the products you are looking at directly with the seller.

Like Abe's Market:
The Apel'sThe Apel'sThe Apel'sThe Apel'sThe Apel'sThe Apel'sThe Apel's 
Disclaimer: The opinions on the post are my personal take on the product. This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. I was under no obligation to review it if I so chose. Nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review. The company did not ask me to write this review.  

6 comments:

Harry Flashman said...

Look at Lehman's on line they have lots of different kinds of Amish soap and home made soap. They will send you a catalog if you fill out a form on their web page.

I have not had access to a lot of Indian food. The few opportunities I have had to try it, it was good.

Masshole Mommy said...

I am definitely going to have to check this place out!!!

Theresa Mahoney said...

I get a kick out of their shipments. I ordered from them and it said "This is a box" on the box. Cracked me up!

Ai Sakura said...

Sometimes I bring food to work but although my lunchboxes are usually microwavable, I transfer the food out as I'm not keen to microwave in plastic containers. I should find some glass takeaway boxes too ;p

Ai @ Sakura Haruka

~ Noelle said...

HEADING OVER TO CHECK IT OUT NOW.
THANKS

Z@KickingKilos said...

Well I make Indian food daily and garam masala is necessary for most of our food. (did you know you can make it at home too?)

I really heart those dishes. I wish I could find something like that :)

Disclaimer

The opinions on this blog are my personal take on products and topics relating to motherhood. This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me.

I am not compensated to provide opinions on a variety of topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are my own. If I claim to show knowledge of certain topic or product I will only endorse products or services that I feel, based on my expertise, are worthy of such endorsement.

If you have any questions about this blog, or want to get in contact with me please email me at: anapeladay@gmail.com