Tuesday, August 20, 2013

WW: Second Week of School {Linky}

I wasn't worried about Mica starting second grade. I knew he'd love it. He has enjoyed it; regardless if many of his friends are in the other class. He's happy to be able to play with them at recess. I told him that when he's in the classroom, that's where his ears need to be turned on anyhow. Since he just turned eight, he got to take treats to school on the second day.


Isaak on the other hand started out wanting to be 4 again; he longed to go back to preschool. Isaak's now on week 2 of school. He's loving it. In fact when I went to pick the boys up on Thursday and Friday Isaak cried because he was A) Tired and B) Didn't want to leave to come home.

Funny things Isaak's said: 

Isaak said on the first day he had an awful day with a smile on his face. He dropped a penny he found at recess in a crack, and was unable to retrieve it. Then he dropped one of his chocolate covered berries on the ground at lunch time. But...he had all good things to say about class. He was snapping all evening to. Yet another sign of happiness. He's really into snapping once again. I say that because he learned how to snap last year. Snapping is making its comeback.


He said in the car, "Mom I knew I had EP today, but I didn't know I'd actually have to do it." I was thinking, What in the heck is EP? Mica piped in and said, "You mean P.E.!" Isaak said, "Ya that!" That gave Mica and I a good chuckle.


Isaak's bummed that art is only once a week. He said, "Mom I'm sad about that!" I said, "Ya that's too bad I like art to."


I asked Isaak if he has any friends yet? He said, "Ya, but I don't know their names. One has white teeth and the other one has gold teeth." My Kindergartener is profiling people by their teeth color.


Have kids started back at school in the area where you live?

The Apel's The Apel's The Apel's The Apel's The Apel'sThe Apel'sThe Apel's

Please take a moment to enter the Rock N Learn DVD Site Words DVD giveaway.

30 comments:

Optimistic Existentialist said...

Kids started back school here in Lexington last Wednesday and it's been insanely busy in town ever since during the afternoon times. I work in higher ed and our college classes started back yesterday. Been crazy times here :)

Unknown said...

We started school this week also. Fun times! All went well.

Unknown said...

It is great that your sons are settling into school so nicely. Lovely pictures. Schools reopen in the first week of September here in Jamaica. Thanks for hosting Alissa.

Karren Haller said...

School starts here in about a week!

OrangeHeroMama said...

Awww. Love your shots! Especially the one where he's laughing!

http://www.homeofohm.com/2013/08/wordlesswednesday-6-months-laterw-linky.html

stevebethere said...

Nice happy pictures, kids don't go back to school here in UK till the beginning of September :-)

Have a schooltastic week

Ai Sakura said...

glad to know they are both happy to be back in school :) great shots of them!

Ai @ Sakura Haruka

Leovi said...

Very funny portraits! Nice pictures!

that suburban momma said...

They are such cuties! Mine doesn't start school for another week and a half. Going to miss summer!

mail4rosey said...

Those are nice pictures, and they look so grown! LOL on the tooth profiling. :)

The Mommy said...

I SOO miss those kinds of convos with my kids.

renae said...

I love how your humor is based upon your kids cuteness. My Mom did that. She was always telling family/relatives the cute things we said and how much she thought it was fun. That's cool about ya.

Catch My Words said...

Such handsome young men. I hope they have a wonderful school year.

http://joycelansky.blogspot.com/2013/08/wordless-wednesday-news-or-beginning-of.html

Theresa Mahoney said...

Isaak has such a great smile! And lol about him profiling people based on their teeth. They do say a smile is the first thing one notices. Maybe that's why he's remembering teeth colors!

Dee Dee said...

How cute! I had a son who used to identify friends by what color shirt they wore! Glad they like their classes!

Veronica Lee said...

They are such handsome boys! Mine started school on Monday after our 1 week 3rd term break.

Happy WW,A!

Liz Mays said...

Ha! The teeth color thing is hilarious! Your kids endlessly amuse me.

DebC said...

Ours don't go back til after Labour Day. Your guys are such cuties!

Czjai said...

School starts in June here in the Philippines, and we're pretty much done with the first quarter of the school year. :)

Masshole Mommy said...

I absolutely love the devilish look on Isaak's face. My little man gets the same look!!

Erika Price said...

I'd be bummed too about art only being once a week :)

MrsTee said...

Ha! Snapping! I thought it was only my Girlie...she loves to snap. PS-> I love his shirt! :)

Kristin Aquariann said...

Cute photos and stories! Is the friend with gold teeth imaginary? ;D

♥ aquariann
Featured Photo: 1966 Batmobile

alex said...

we don't start school until after Labor Day. my youngest, who is starting kindergarten, is way more excited than the third grader. He keeps asking EVERY DAY if it's school yet. heh

Carla said...

Great photos! My kids don't go back until a week and a half - so nervous!

Patrice said...

Sweet shots

Eat To Live said...

The kids started back here just this week... My Grandkids start college next week.

Isaak is so funny. There used to be a show on TV Called Kids say the darndest things... or funniest things. Not sure which the name was. You are way to young to remember it.

Unknown said...

Kids say the darndest things. He looks pretty happy to me!
I can barely snap, good for him!

~ Noelle said...

broxton just started back this week... he is really missing his old teachers and has already asked when he switches back to them... ha ha ha ..but he seems to like the new class too ...

Claire Justine said...

Aww they are growing up so quickly :)

Disclaimer

The opinions on this blog are my personal take on products and topics relating to motherhood. This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me.

I am not compensated to provide opinions on a variety of topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are my own. If I claim to show knowledge of certain topic or product I will only endorse products or services that I feel, based on my expertise, are worthy of such endorsement.

If you have any questions about this blog, or want to get in contact with me please email me at: anapeladay@gmail.com