Monday, March 11, 2013

What Do You Get Five Year Olds That Barely Play With Toys?

Isaak's about to turn 5 in May. I sometimes struggle with what to get this kid that loves to play with boxes and paper, trains, and not too many other toys. His Cousin Elijah's birthday is really soon (this month), and he has just about anything he needs as well.

This is what I got for both boys (the green and red dragon wings) from Magic Cabin:


Aren't those wings fun? I've seen fairy and butterfly wings for girls, but this is the first time I've seen wings for boys. The boys still love to play dress-up. Mica is growing out of most of it. He still dresses up in his Batman costume though. Isaak is always dressing up in his cape and Spider-Man costume. I know he'll love these dragon wings!

I also got Isaak and Elijah one of these clubhouse t-shirts from Gymboree. They were $20 marked down to $10. The door in the clubhouse opens up and has a puppy inside. There's a little baseball in the wagon. Elijah loves baseball and puppies. Isaak loves puppies.

Other things I'm thinking of getting Isaak:

This $50 Railroad Coveralls by Knuckleheads. It's marked down to $25 at Boy's Store. Then I found a $4 off discount code, which practically paid for shipping. Since he loves to dress up; I can see him loving this. Plus I showed it to him online and asked him if he wanted it? His eyes were wide and he was shaking his head yes. I never told him I got it.


I never gave Isaak this Scratch set from Melissa and Doug at Christmas time; I got for posting for them. We held it back for his birthday. The boys were already getting a lot of stuff for Christmas.

Isaak wants a frog, so I'll probably get him tiny frog that swims around like a fish. We'll see on that one. The Easter Bunny likes frogs and fish to.

5 comments:

Masshole Mommy said...

I struggle for ideas, too. My mom is a shopaholic, so I don't have the need to get them anything, but of course I have to. This year I am getting them each Lego store gift cards so they can use them when we go to the Lego Store in Disney in October.

Theresa Mahoney said...

I love those capes! So true that you usually only find them for girls.

As my kids get older, I struggle with finding gifts too. I've been wracking my brain for a few small items to put in my kids Easter baskets, but so far, nada!

Eat To Live said...

I even struggle with the younger kids. Our Grandson has more toys than he can ever play with. I don't buy him clothing very often because he doesn't need that either... It is a real struggle coming up with a nice gift

Liz Mays said...

I got my son a couple of African Dwarf frogs one time and he absolutely loved them. He had them until he left for college and then dad took over. I'll leave it at that. :(

~ Noelle said...

that cape is awesome...
Broxton has plenty of toys too, so I know what you mean...
I know what ever you get them, they will all love ;)

Disclaimer

The opinions on this blog are my personal take on products and topics relating to motherhood. This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me.

I am not compensated to provide opinions on a variety of topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are my own. If I claim to show knowledge of certain topic or product I will only endorse products or services that I feel, based on my expertise, are worthy of such endorsement.

If you have any questions about this blog, or want to get in contact with me please email me at: anapeladay@gmail.com