Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Preschool Conferences

I had Isaak's preschool conferences on Monday. Then we have Mica's first grade conferences this Thursday. A busy week indeed!

Isaak is doing very well. The little man is ready for the big Kindergarten. He still needs to learn how to tie his shoes. That's always so hard at this stage.

This time around they didn't have too much to tell me. He could do most of the things on their list. 

  • He mixes up q and d. That's normal on up to 2nd grade. 
  • He skips 12, but can count to 29. He can keep counting if you help him move on to 30, then 40 and so on. 
  • He knows all his colors, shapes. 
  • He understands how to make a pattern. 
  • He can read some small words.
  • His most recent things to do are that he can snap well and skip. 
  • He writes good on line paper. They practiced that at school.
I shared with them some ideas to make things better. 
  • I had given them a list of computer games to try out with the little tikes last time. Mrs. L lost that, so I gave her a new copy.
  • I mentioned that they could just ask people for additional money every week for field trips. Then they wouldn't need to hit people up for exact change and check people off for paying and not paying. They are looking into that, but thought it was a good idea. It totally doesn't effect me, but I just think it would be easier. I said, "You could charge more than what the field trips cost, so you know you have enough. The rest could go for a donation." 
  • I also talked to them about this paint clear medium that I gave them. I gave them more ideas on how to use it.
The funny story:

Isaak was at the sand table with his friend we'll call M. Isaak told M to dump sand over his head. Mrs. L saw him doing that. She yelled, "Stop it!" She says she never yells, but did this time. Both boys looked up at her. M said, "But Isaak told me to dump sand on his head!" Mrs. L asked, "Isaak did you tell M to dump sand on your head?" Isaak started shaking his head as if to say, "Yes". Of course as he was shaking his head sand was going everywhere.

That's totally Isaak. He tells Mica to battle him. Then Mica gets scolded; when it was Isaak that brought it up.

Isaak loves sculpture and collage. Here's a project he made with Daddy this week:


The  mushroom carton isn't part of the sculpture. It was just helping it all dry. It's a bunny make out of popsicle sticks and rocks.

9 comments:

Masshole Mommy said...

He's too young to tie his shoes. Is it a requirement to get into kindergarten where you are? It's not here and my 5 year old still can't tie his (and he is in kindergarten this year).

Glad the conference went well - it's always nice to hear that they do ok when you're not around.

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Sounds like he's doing very well.

mail4rosey said...

Hurrah for a good report! I like the bunny sculpture. :)

Theresa Mahoney said...

That bunny sculpture is cute! And yay on the good report. We don't have parent teacher conferences any more due to budget cuts. It's nice to hear from the teacher how well the kids are doing, you know? I kind of miss that.

My daughter used to mix up b and d. Took forever to get that straightened out!

Eat To Live said...

That looks like a bunny to me..... Tying his shoes is just not important to him yet. It will come.

Ai Sakura said...

I love how you give tips to the teachers as well to make school life better!

Ai @ Sakura Haruka

~ Noelle said...

i LOVED going to broxtons conference ;) he is on track as well...
cute bunny ....

Unknown said...

he looks guilty of something in that pic... hope it was just bad timing

funny story though, now the years are going to fly by while you're not looking

Are We There Yet! said...

He is doing very well! When they can't tell you much, that means he must be doing everything... or most everything right.

Disclaimer

The opinions on this blog are my personal take on products and topics relating to motherhood. This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me.

I am not compensated to provide opinions on a variety of topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are my own. If I claim to show knowledge of certain topic or product I will only endorse products or services that I feel, based on my expertise, are worthy of such endorsement.

If you have any questions about this blog, or want to get in contact with me please email me at: anapeladay@gmail.com