Thursday, March 21, 2013

Customer or Custard?

We've had an electrician at our house for a few days. We're getting our fuse box switched over to circuit breakers. We had to do this for a new insurance policy we have. Plus we've been wanting this done for safety reasons for awhile. We had a few problems with things not being {code} worthy. Our box was too far from the outside wall, a few wires were too thin, our outside plug in box was loose and our plug-ins in the kitchen weren't up to code. What can I say? We have an old house. I am glad we've gotten this work done. I feel safer! Some work he did for free because our electrician didn't see this, or that when he gave us our bid. A new light in the laundry room was one of the things! I can see much better now!

What about you? Have you had an electrician come out before? It's expensive, but not as much as I thought. To me it's worth it. Electricians have one heck of a job to do. Their lives are at risk. They have to know what they are doing!

With no power and my husband having to be at home off and on to be with the electrician, meals have been challenging this week.

Daddy took the boys out once for lunch because the power was out for a few hours.

Then we went out to dinner one other time.

The boys got a free custard with their meal instead of a toy. What's the difference between custard and ice cream anyway? I honestly do not know. They were so happy because custard and ice cream is not a treat we give them on a regular basis.



Mica's manners were not what they should be. If he didn't turn them around his free custard would not have been give to him.  I said, "Why are you being like this?" Mica said, "Because you told me to be like this when you were pregnant with me." I shook my head and said, "WHAT?" He said, "When you were pregnant with me you told me to have bad manners. I remember things really well Mom! Really!" Daddy and I both started laughing and I said, "I did not tell you that. Even if I did you would not remember anything from when I was pregnant with you. He smiled. Then he shaped up. He even used the words, "Please" and "Thank you" a few times.



When Isaak got his custard he kept saying, "This customer is sooooo good!" He said it a few times. Daddy looked at me, Mica looked at me and we all started cracking up. Isaak looked at all of us and innocently said, "What?" He really didn't know the difference between the words, "Custard" and "Customer". We're raising a cannibal for a son. He eats customers instead of custard.



10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Luckily, my husband has rewired much of our old home. He is very handy which saves lots of money. Too funny that he was saying things from when you were pregnant. Kids think they know it all haha. Did he finally understand custard was the name of his treat?

Masshole Mommy said...

Oh, around here custard is like pudding - not ice cream. How interesting.

We have circuit breakers. The house came like that, thankfully! I can imagine that a big job like that isn't cheap (even if it is less than you thought).

Anonymous said...

Custards are made with sugar and eggs. Some ice creams contain sugar, but it's not at all required. Eggs definitely shouldn't find their way into any ice cream!
Customers? Some are sweet. Others you want to pelt with eggs.

mail4rosey said...

LOL at the mix-up of words. Our little one says "Westaurant" instead of 'restaurant' but it's his last word he doesn't get right, so I haven't corrected him. He'll get it right soon enough. ;)

My brother-in-law is an electrician and rewired our house, and like you I was very happy because I did feel instantly safer. Old, thin wires can be really bad news. Glad you're getting the work done.

And lol at the manners conversation. He sounds like he's got a good sense of humor. :)

Eat To Live said...

My Hubs worked for GE as an electrical engineer. some of his customers would do work for us. Now that he is retired, we have to do the work ourselves or hire it out.

~ Noelle said...

ha ha ha...
how funny that he got the words wrong... I love when kids get mixed up like that! :)
glad you feel safer... I know with young kids around, the safer the better

Theresa Mahoney said...

Culver's has yummy custard! I don't know what the difference is either though!

Hope he really enjoyed his customer lol!

Rina said...

Lol for customer..I mean custard..ha ha...
Once our apartment's power was done and we had to spend the entire afternoon at a mall. It was indeed frustrating!

Anonymous said...

You told me to be like this! Haaa.

An electrician is the way to go; I laugh at people who have "friends" do their electrical work. It isn't like having a neighborhood kid cut your grass, it requires a bit more expertise.~Mary

Anonymous said...

OMGoodness. I saw where you were. CULVERS! When I lived up north, YEARS ago, that was one of my favorite places to stop in. The burgers an turtle sundaes. Might be why I weighed 180lbs up there. Haha.

Disclaimer

The opinions on this blog are my personal take on products and topics relating to motherhood. This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me.

I am not compensated to provide opinions on a variety of topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are my own. If I claim to show knowledge of certain topic or product I will only endorse products or services that I feel, based on my expertise, are worthy of such endorsement.

If you have any questions about this blog, or want to get in contact with me please email me at: anapeladay@gmail.com