Saturday, November 17, 2012

Sing, Sing a Song Saturday

I started doing what I call Sing, Sing a Song Saturday.  I'm going to post one song on Saturdays that the boys or I like. 

The song may be part of a movie, a kid's video or just a song we like. It may or may not include words. I'll try and include why we like it and/or the history of the song/singer.

The group I'm featuring this week is called Soap&Skin. They are a Austria band. The lead singer, Anja Franziska Plaschg grew up in a small village called Poppendorf (near Gnas) in south east Styria. There they have a farm. She went to school for graphic design and dropped out at 16. She has played piano since she was six. At the age of 14 she began violin studies and developed an interest in electronic music. She started performing on a small scale, which later got bigger.

Her first album also achieved chart positions in Germany, Belgium and France. Music journalists have already claimed to see in her a new star of Austrian pop.

 Thanatos


Janitor of Lunacy

6 comments:

Masshole Mommy said...

I've definitley never heard of them, but I am gonna go check out the YouTube video now!

The Cranky said...

Another winner! Heading for youtube now...

Are We There Yet! said...

Very pretty songs. I actually think I like the first one the best.

Liz Mays said...

It's pretty but probably not my thing.

mail4rosey said...

I always find the coolest things over here. :)

Marti Tabora said...

It's really very different, but I like it. It has it's own certain charm.

Disclaimer

The opinions on this blog are my personal take on products and topics relating to motherhood. This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me.

I am not compensated to provide opinions on a variety of topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are my own. If I claim to show knowledge of certain topic or product I will only endorse products or services that I feel, based on my expertise, are worthy of such endorsement.

If you have any questions about this blog, or want to get in contact with me please email me at: anapeladay@gmail.com