Thursday, September 20, 2012

Something Old - String Holder

We have this really old string holder. It came from my my Great Aunts and Uncle, which would be the boy's Great Great Aunts and Uncle.


They used this type of string holder because they used to not have twisty ties like they do today. The spool sits inside the face and comes out her mouth. I saw one other similar at an antique shop once selling for $500. I don't think ours is worth much because the owners before us dropped it, broke it, or opened a door into it.


It still is cool. I love that it's hanging in our kitchen. I tell the boys she's eating spaghetti. Sometimes I forget that string is in her mouth. I'll need a piece of string, and I'm looking all over the house for it. String should always be accessible in our house.

11 comments:

Anne Payne said...

Now that is a cool vintage item!!! It's probably worth more than you think, but the sentimental value outweighs any monetary worth, in my book :)

Veronica Lee said...

Haven't seen anything quite like it!

Happy Thursday, A!

Leovi said...

Very interesting and fun, I love flush, very original.

Teresa O said...

What a fun string holder and oh so vintage.

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

What a neat piece to have - I love it!

Buttons Thoughts said...

Oh I love string holders that is awesome damaged or not. B

Yael at Home Garden Diggers said...

Thanks for coming by. I love this string dispenser. It looks like a kid slurping spaghetti. So cute. lol

Yael from Home Garden Diggers

carol l mckenna said...

Love vintage items especially when they came from dear relatives ~ almost has a "Hummel' quality to it ~ lovely treasure ~ (A Creative Harbor)

Mary said...

What a cute little face for the job of keeping string.

Nancy said...

I love these old chalkware figures. And this one has a good use as well.

Thanks so much for sharing at Rural Thursdays this week. xo

~ Noelle said...

I have never seen nor heard of this..
but this is just too cute and so neat. thanks so much for sharing this.. i need to ask my mom if she had one of these...

Disclaimer

The opinions on this blog are my personal take on products and topics relating to motherhood. This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me.

I am not compensated to provide opinions on a variety of topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are my own. If I claim to show knowledge of certain topic or product I will only endorse products or services that I feel, based on my expertise, are worthy of such endorsement.

If you have any questions about this blog, or want to get in contact with me please email me at: anapeladay@gmail.com