Tuesday, May 29, 2012

WW: Birthday Party {Linky}

We had Isaak and Cousin Evan's Spider-Man birthday party on Sunday night.

Here's my birthday boy Isaak (on his actual birthday):

He's gotten a summer hair cut since that day.

If you didn't get a chance to see their invite, here it is:


Isaak turned 4 and Evan turned 7.

Here were Mica and Isaak before the party:


I don't let them stand on the table normally ever, but I wanted to get the birthday sign in the background. Isaak tries to spin a web constantly when he has his costume on. Mica thinks he can do anything with those added muscles! He helped Daddy carry up all the folding chairs from the basement.

Dinner:

We made different three different types of fried chicken, couscous kenwa salad, Grandma Spiehs brought green beans, Aunt Terra brought watermelon. I made a punch and bought different types of lemonade at Whole Foods.

I made a Spider-Man Cake and Aunt Terra made a Spider-Man Logo Fruit Pizza.

I went to three different stores looking for chocolate graham crackers! I didn't know they'd be so hard to find! I took it outside to shoot very quickly. It was so hot! Spider-Man kept sinking. There were two birthday boy's, so two Spider-Men on the cake.


I changed the top to a different Spider-Man. Then he didn't look like he was in quick sand!



Isaak and Evan scored with presents. Isaak got craft stuff from Aunt Angela, a bug catcher and sunglasses from Aunt Terra, money from Great Grandpa Kent and a scooter and gear from Grandma and Grandpa Spiehs.

His helmet still needs to be adjusted.



You Can Follow Me Here:


The Apel's The Apel's The Apel's The Apel'sThe Apel's

I just joined Pinterest. If you follow me, I'll follow back. :)

If you have time enter this low entry giveaway:

A $50 GC through Shabby Apple

36 comments:

stevebethere said...

Happy birthday to Isaak and Evan

Looked like they both had lots of fun :-)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to both! And that's a pretty cool b-day cake! =)

Faythe said...

Happy Birthday to both boys! (we have the same type of post this week, LOL) I loved the comment about Mica thinking he is stronger with those big muscles ;o)

Meryl said...

What a great looking party, cake and 'costumes'! Congratulations and thanks for hosting.

Danielle S said...

That is one awesome party they had. Happy Birthday, Boys!

Ai Sakura said...

That cake looks amazing! happy birthday to the 2 boys! :)

GayNYCDad said...

Seems like the best kids have may birthdays!

momto8 said...

looks likes fun at your place!!
happy birthday boys!!

Catch My Words said...

Cute kid!

http://joycelansky.blogspot.com/2012/05/wordless-wednesday-final-photo-games.html

Mimi N said...

Love the themed party!! Right up my boys alley. The cake turned out awesome!!

bella said...

What a great cake! and FRIED CHICKEN 3 different kinds...wow!

Sober Julie said...

from the food to the cake to the costumes it looks like a great party!

Theresa Mahoney said...

What an awesome party! Love the cake! Happy birthday boys :)

Tammi @ My Organized Chaos said...

Love the cake!!

Tammi
My Organized Chaos

Christy Ann said...

Happy Birthday to both of them! Love the way you put the party together, and those invitations are so funny!

What I Did Today said...

Woohoo! Happy Birthday Issak and Evan! Love that first pic of Isaak in his birthday boy shirt. The tabletop picture is pretty classic too. Looks like Mica has gotten a tan! That cake is awesome - good job!

Wayne W Smith said...

Looks like a fun party!

Dee said...

What an awesome party - and check out that cake!!

carol l mckenna said...

Awesome birthday party ~ Wow! ~ Happy Birthday ^_^

Helen said...

What an awesome birthday party! Those invitations are so creative and fun! I bet those boys had a fantastic time!

Art of RetroCollage said...

A very Spidey Birthday to Evan & Isaak!

Ms POSH said...

That is too cool!

Have a great WW!
POSH

Sofia @ From PDX with Love said...

Batman cracked me up!

Kristin Aquariann said...

Cute invitation! What a fun party. ^.^

Eat To Live said...

Hahaha... They look so cool in their outfits and Mica as always gets right into the role playing. You may have an actor on your hands.

artangel said...

The perfect party for your young superheroes! That cake is amazing, you did a great job!

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Oh cute, looks like he had so much fun too!

Patrice said...

Great idea!

Carol @ Always Thyme to Cook said...

Looks like a lot of fun at your house and the party! Your boys are adorable. Happy birthday to the two super heroes :)

~ Noelle said...

the cake turned out great!!!
looks like lots of fuN!!!!!!!!!

LifeRamblings said...

looks like an awesome party. Happy birthday to Evan & Isaak!

CM said...

Hey we had a Spiderman birthday here too! Way cute pics, your boys are adorable!

Petula said...

It looks like loads of spidey fun!

Becky Jane said...

Happy birthday to the Spidys...it's so cute to watch kids transform when they dress up! Your cake is awesome!

Tracy Balderach said...

Great to have found you on VBs! How do you have time for 4 blogs? I need to take some time management lessons from you. I have 2 girls 3 and 4 and a 1 year old boy. We are just getting into boy stuff, but I had to laugh looking through your pics bc our lives (kids, toys etc) look so different! You are all super heros and scooters, etc and I am all pink, tea cups and princesses. So funny! This is great to see what we have to look forward to :) Happy to ave found you! Tracy

Leah H. said...

Cool Super Heroes:)

Visiting for Wordless Wednesday- hope you can stop by:)

http://www.cassandrasminicorner.com/2012/05/priceless-my-princess.html

Disclaimer

The opinions on this blog are my personal take on products and topics relating to motherhood. This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me.

I am not compensated to provide opinions on a variety of topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are my own. If I claim to show knowledge of certain topic or product I will only endorse products or services that I feel, based on my expertise, are worthy of such endorsement.

If you have any questions about this blog, or want to get in contact with me please email me at: anapeladay@gmail.com