Tropical Traditions Coconut Flour is organic, full of fiber and protein. Much healthier then All Purpose Flour! It works great for things like brownies, muffins and cakes! The package comes with a recipe on the back for brownies.
My little helper was Isaak. He put all the ingredients in the mixer. In this picture, he's getting ready to dump in the Coconut Flour.
I used a metal scoop to form the nuggets. The scoop size can vary depending on how big you like your desserts.
This is what they look like when they are finished:
Isaak polished off 2 small Chocolate Chip Nuggets. He wanted more! I packaged a big plate for work. They went FAST! A couple people were interested in the Organic Coconut Flour.
A Little Bit O' Information About This Flour:
- It is fiber from coconut meat. The oil is extracted to make Virgin Coconut Oil. *The extra fiber I'm sure is why my cookies stayed in the form of nuggets. Like I said it can be used for cakes, muffins and brownies. The Chocolate Chip Nuggets were different, fun and tasted really good! I usually learn more about the product after I've tried it out.
- It is certified organic.
- I love that it is unsweetened.
- Since Organic Coconut Flour contains natural sugar from the coconut meat, baked goods need less sugar added. I actually added less sugar to my recipe.
- This product has not been treated with sulfites.
- Is high in dietary fiber and protein.
- Is 100% gluten-free.
- You can use it to thicken up sauces and soups. Some people add some to smoothies for added protein.
- It smells so good!
- It was packaged well! They actually put it in two thick plastic bags.
One US or Canadian reader is going to win a 2.2 lb bag of Tropical Traditions Organic Coconut Flour!
1. For your first mandatory entry tell me what your would want to make with this flour. Leave your email address with this entry. One Entry
All other entries are optional. You do not need to include your email with the other entries.
2. Google Friend this blog . One Entry
3. Add the Planet of the Apels Button to your site. Leave me your site link. One Entry
4. Become an email subscriber. Three Entries
5. Like Tropical Traditions on FB. Leave your FB name. One Entry
6. Like Apel Mom on FB. Leave your FB name. One Entry
7. Leave a comment on one of my other posts. I love comments, but only one comment here to enter. Leave the post name. It can be a post from one of my other blogs if you'd like. One Entry
8. Blog about this giveaway with a link back to this post and Tropical Traditions. One Entry
9. Subscribe to Tropical Traditions Newsletter. One Entry
10. Enter any of my active giveaway. Two Entries Per Giveaway Entered
This contest closes in 2 weeks, October 27 at 10 pm. The winner will be drawn using random.org and will have 48 hours to respond.
The opinions on the post are my personal take on the product. This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. I am not compensated to provide my opinion except for receiving the products themselves to test out. Tropical Traditions provided me with a free sample of this product to review. I was under no obligation to review it if I so chose. Nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review.