Sunday, August 14, 2011

Once Upon a Time...

I made a chocolate cake in two round pans. Then I made 1/2 a batch of red velvet cake in a square pan. I was planning on having the two circle cakes as a base for the superman logo; cut out of the square cake.

This is where disaster struck! The red velvet cake crumbled to pieces when I tried to get it out of the pan! I was mad! A cuss word or two may have come out of my mouth. By the way I really do not cuss very often! Daddy told me to cool down! I vow every year that I'm going to stick to cookies! It seems like once a year this happens!

Here's my process: I spray the pan first, sprinkle it lightly with flour before pouring the batter in. The cake is fully done; toothpick comes out clean! Then it's really cool before I decide to pop it out! I even help the edges with a spatula. What am I doing wrong?

I decided to wrap up everything {even the crumbled pieces} and go to bed. In the morning I had a brilliant idea. Why not use the crumbled up velvet cake? One of my worst pet peeves is discarding something that is perfectly edible! I crumbled the cake up even more, added frosting to the cake, and sandwiched the two chocolate cakes together with it. Then instead of using tons of red food coloring for the logo, we used red velvet cake/frosting mixture. Daddy helped me.

Then I got a call that Grandma Spiehs was sick. The party was postponed anyhow. HA! Mica's superman cake is in our freezer for Friday.

The end; I should say to be continued. 


3 comments:

Love{&}Bugs said...

Super cute cake! Nicely done! That stinks your party got postponed though.
I don't know what is going wrong with getting them out. The only thing I do differently is I only let them cool for about 15 mintues before I pop them out of the pan and let them cool the rest of the way on a cooling rack. I can't imagine that would make much of a difference but maybe?

Anonymous said...

How did I miss this. This is such an awesome cake :D I want one now :D

Kim and Neil said...

Nice cake!!!! Great job on the logo!

Disclaimer

The opinions on this blog are my personal take on products and topics relating to motherhood. This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me.

I am not compensated to provide opinions on a variety of topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are my own. If I claim to show knowledge of certain topic or product I will only endorse products or services that I feel, based on my expertise, are worthy of such endorsement.

If you have any questions about this blog, or want to get in contact with me please email me at: anapeladay@gmail.com