Monday, July 11, 2011

Walter Scott Jr. Observation Tower


This 70 foot tower stands on a high river bluff above the Platte River at the north west corner of Eugene Mahoney State Park, midway between Lincoln and Omaha.

There's a great view in all directions of the river, I-80 and the wooded hills of the park.

We went there right after playing in their water park for three hours. I had Crocs on, so I only went up once. The boy's went up twice.



The view from the top, which is above the trees, 70 feet in the air.



The view from below. My boy's are up there.


Just a little story about this tower. When I was in 6th grade we had to package up eggs any way we'd like to drop them off the top of the tower. The objective was to not have the egg break. Mine was safe.

No comments:

Disclaimer

The opinions on this blog are my personal take on products and topics relating to motherhood. This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me.

I am not compensated to provide opinions on a variety of topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are my own. If I claim to show knowledge of certain topic or product I will only endorse products or services that I feel, based on my expertise, are worthy of such endorsement.

If you have any questions about this blog, or want to get in contact with me please email me at: anapeladay@gmail.com