Friday, April 1, 2011

April Fool's! ;)

  • Young college students are easy to play tricks on! 
  • My April Fools joke: I made up a handout that had instructions for the students to write a 4 to 5 page paper on children's book illustration.
  • One thing I know is that art students HATE to do anything different then art! Writing a paper is agony.
  •  I already had them write one paper {for real} and heard moans and groans! I kept cheering them on saying things like, "Hey you are in college folks." "This is such a great experience!" And "It a great way to learn how to critique and talk about your art." They really didn't want to hear any of it. Most all of the 2 to 3 page papers I made them write earlier, were exactly 2 pages. I think I only had 2 students that wrote onto the 3rd page. 
  • Back to today...April Fool's Day! I handed out their FAKE assignment. 
  • I had one student begin to protest. He said, "I don't really know that much about this topic. There is no way I can write 4 to 5 pages on it."
  • My assistant said, "Go to Boarders or Barnes and Noble to research!" 
  • I said, "Ya guys I had to write 15 page papers in grad school."
  • They all shut up. 
  • I proceeded to give the rest of lecture. 
  • At the end I said, "Oh, by the way...the paper assignment, well it's an APRIL FOOLS JOKE!" They all looked relieved, and some laughed. I made them promise to not tell the late comers about the APRIL FOOLS assignment. 
  • We had a few late comers and the whole class played along. ;)

No comments:

Disclaimer

The opinions on this blog are my personal take on products and topics relating to motherhood. This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me.

I am not compensated to provide opinions on a variety of topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are my own. If I claim to show knowledge of certain topic or product I will only endorse products or services that I feel, based on my expertise, are worthy of such endorsement.

If you have any questions about this blog, or want to get in contact with me please email me at: anapeladay@gmail.com