Monday, March 14, 2011

Tropical Traditions Organic Teeth Cleaners Review

I had an opportunity to try out Tropical Traditions Teeth Cleaners.

They sent me a 4 ounce bottle of the following: Classic Mint Cinnamon


About:
  • Tropical Traditions Teeth Cleaners are developed with their famous Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil as a main ingredient. Long before modern toothpastes developed, people living in the topics used coconut oil to clean their teeth. 
  • The teeth cleaners are 100% all natural. 
  • They contain no foaming agents and fluoride. 
  • Teeth Cleaners come in three options: Natural, mint, and cinnamon
  • Their retail value is $7.95.

My Take:
  • I love the all-natural ingredients.
  • The consistency is fairly thin, which made it easy to put the paste on the brush.
  • The containers fit into the cabinet easily. 
  • The baking soda taste wasn't a huge hit in my family. Isaak liked it, but the rest of us were hesitant.   
  • I do feel like it cleaned my teeth well. The mint and cinnamon flavors were not strong when I brushed, but the slight flavor seemed to stay in my mouth longer then the average toothpaste. 


I Compared the Ingredients of Toothpaste:

Tropical Traditions Teeth Cleaner Mint All Natural Ingredients:
  1. Purified water
  2. Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
  3. Baking soda
  4. Xanthum Gum
  5. Wildcrafted myrrh powder
  6. Stevia
  7. Organic essential oils of peppermint
  8. Spearmint







Crest Cavity Protection Fluoride Anticavity Toothpaste Cool Mint Gel Ingredients:
  1. I couldn't find all the ingredients on the tube. They may have been on the box that I already threw out. I really feel that they should be on the tube. 
  2. Active ingredient Sodium fluoride 0.243% (0.15% w/v fluoride ion)
  3. Helps protect teeth and roots against cavities.
  4. This scared me: Warning! keep out of reach from children under 6 years of age. If more than used for brushing is accidentally swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.

Orajel Toddler Training Toothpaste Safe if Swallowed Fluoride-Free Ingredients:
  1. I knew what some of the ingredients were. Even this one that is supposed to be ok for toddlers had some ingredients that I was questioning.
  2. Purified water
  3. Sorbitol
  4. Propylene glycol
  5. Glycerin
  6. Cellulose gum
  7. Poloxamer 407
  8. Flavor
  9. Simethicone
  10. Methylparaben
  11. Potassium sorbate
  12. Sodium saccharin
  13. Propylparaben
  14. Citric acid

Tropical Traditions Organic Teeth Cleaners work for me! :)

Disclaimer:

The opinions on this post are my personal take on the products. This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me.
I am not compensated to provide my opinion except for receiving the products themselves to test out.
If you have questions about this post please contact me at: alissa4illustration@hotmail.com

2 comments:

outsiderein said...

I stopped using fluoride toothpaste a long time ago. I now use a brand called Spry which has xylitol in it, but I feel like my teeth could feel cleaner. I'd love to try Tropical Traditions' teeth cleaner.

Mary said...

I would love to try the cinnamon. Thanks for the excellent review.

Disclaimer

The opinions on this blog are my personal take on products and topics relating to motherhood. This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me.

I am not compensated to provide opinions on a variety of topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are my own. If I claim to show knowledge of certain topic or product I will only endorse products or services that I feel, based on my expertise, are worthy of such endorsement.

If you have any questions about this blog, or want to get in contact with me please email me at: anapeladay@gmail.com