- Mica brought a calculator home from preschool. A mom brought them in for all the preschooler's. At first I thought it was odd, but now I like it.
- Mica knows the song, I Can Add by They Might Be Giants.
- I taught him over the weekend how to add 1+1, 2+2, 4+4, 8+8 and we tried 16+16, but he said, "16 isn't on the calculator Mommy." I showed him that by typing in a 1 then a 6, you get 16. He may not fully get it now, but sometime it will click. Mica was amazed that the numbers truly added up like the They Might Be Giants song.
- The calculator also helps with knowing his numbers. I've had Mica type in the numbers on the telephone for me for awhile. I'm always like, "Isaak go get the phone. Mica type in the numbers." They love it.
- Mica gets 6 and 9 mixed up, rightly so. Whoever came up with what the numbers look like is silly for making those numbers so close. The same goes for the alphabet with b and d. Again, silly person who came up with the letters in the alphabet. It's no wonder why their are dyslexic people in this world.
- Here's our song:
Beginning to look like CON season....
1 week ago