Friday, July 23, 2010

Back to School Tips

  • Jolly Mom is giving away a $100 gift card to Old Navy and a Scholastic Children's Dictionary!
  • Here are some of my back to school tips:

  1. Watch the ads.
  2. Buy a year before. When all the stuff goes on sale at the end of the season. I do this all the time. Especially since my kids are young, and don't pick out their clothing anyhow.
  3. I like to buy pants that are fairly neutral, so they'll go with a lot of things. Oh and jeans too.
  4. Buy adjustable waist for young kids! Oh my first born is skinny, and has a little butt. A belt makes it hard for them to go potty.
  5. Let them pick out a new book or workbook they can keep at home.
  6. Get a reusable lunch bag and sandwich bag. You may spend more money, but in the long run you'll save. 
  7. I try and teach my oldest a big thing before school start. Something that will make my life easier, and give him more independence. This year it was going number 2 without the potty seat. Next year I'm shooting for him learning to tie his shoes.
  8. Organize your child's room. They feel better when they know where their stuff is.
  9. Put a coat rack in their room. We just did this! I know it will make a HUGE difference in the winter time because now he can hang his own coat up. Before I had a pile of them on the chair in the living room. I'd have to hang them all up, and get the coat down for him in the morning.
  10. Some insurances pay for a free eye exam. Doesn't hurt to ask.

No comments:

Disclaimer

The opinions on this blog are my personal take on products and topics relating to motherhood. This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me.

I am not compensated to provide opinions on a variety of topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are my own. If I claim to show knowledge of certain topic or product I will only endorse products or services that I feel, based on my expertise, are worthy of such endorsement.

If you have any questions about this blog, or want to get in contact with me please email me at: anapeladay@gmail.com