Thursday, February 18, 2010

Ok...So Art Students are a Little Odd

  • That statement in the title includes me. I was an art student once.
  • My students have a wall space in the classroom that has Richard Nixon images all over it. I have no clue why they chose Richard Nixon, but that's who they chose.
  • They are recruiting people to come up with Richard Nixon pieces.
  • I created one for them to put up on the wall.
  • Zach, the student in charge of the Nixon wall was so happy that one teacher actually did something to put up.
We All Scream for Ice Cream
  • I wanted to do something that would incorporate my cookies. All the ice cream cones are cookies I've created. The pink is actually strawberry frosting, the brown is chocolate frosting and the white is vanilla frosting.
  • With the cones I paint on an egg mixture that includes: The white part of an egg, brown food coloring (I have to make my own brown) and brown sugar. I paint it on before they bake.
  • I just saw this picture of Nixon, and decided that everyone needed ice cream cones to uplift their day. They look a little too serious, don't you think?
  • I thought about doing a Thanksgiving Day Parade with my turkey cookies, but I wanted something that would take little time to do.
  • This took 30 to 40 min. Cutting out the cookies in Photoshop took the longest amount of time.
  • Click on the image to see it BIGGER.

No comments:

Disclaimer

The opinions on this blog are my personal take on products and topics relating to motherhood. This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me.

I am not compensated to provide opinions on a variety of topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are my own. If I claim to show knowledge of certain topic or product I will only endorse products or services that I feel, based on my expertise, are worthy of such endorsement.

If you have any questions about this blog, or want to get in contact with me please email me at: anapeladay@gmail.com