Friday, February 19, 2010

Mommy's New Boot

  • So...I went to the orthopedic doctor today.
  • I found out I was wrong. I fractured my 5th metatarsal, which is by way back on my little toe, not my big one. It looks like the break is in my big toe on the x-ray. I'm not even going to put an x-ray back up here because it's hard for me to even point out with them right in front of me.
  • The break is by the arch of my foot that's why it hurts to have a regular shoe on that has an arch on it.
  • One good thing, I don't need surgery. If it would of broken a little further back it would have needed surgery.
  • But...I do need to wear a special clunky boot for 6 weeks.
  • I still need to cut off the excess Velcro.
  • I have to go back to the doctor in 3 weeks for a check up to make sure it's healing.
  • When Isaak gets his "Magic Shoes" next week, I'm going to take a generation shot of Grandma Spiehs, Isaak and I with our messed up feet.

No comments:

Disclaimer

The opinions on this blog are my personal take on products and topics relating to motherhood. This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me.

I am not compensated to provide opinions on a variety of topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are my own. If I claim to show knowledge of certain topic or product I will only endorse products or services that I feel, based on my expertise, are worthy of such endorsement.

If you have any questions about this blog, or want to get in contact with me please email me at: anapeladay@gmail.com