- Isaak used to say, "I" rolled of the tongue "you". It came out sounding like, "I love you". That's what he was trying to say.
- He went for a period of a few months where he wouldn't say his version of, "I love you" at all. It was the cutest thing! Right up there with him rocking his baby doll.
- Now he'll say it clear as day to just about anyone, but me. :(
- He's uttered these three words to Grandma Spiehs many times today, and Daddy last night.
- When I ask him to say, "I love you you" he shakes his head no, and says "No".
- It's sort of funny, yet sort of sad. I know he does in fact love me, so my feelings aren't hurt.
- I'm the first one he runs to when I go to pick him up at the end of the day. He'll run right past Daddy, and into my arms. Don't get me wrong, he loves Daddy too.
- I do miss that little Isaak voice uttering those three words to me.
5 days ago