Thursday, January 28, 2010

Someone in This House Really Likes Cheesy Potato Soup

  • Cheesy Potato Soup is not something we have often. It's comfort food that isn't the best for you. It does taste good.
  • Isaak wanted a second bowl full.
Cheesy Potato Soup
  • Cook all the stuff below until tender:
  1. 4 cups diced potatoes
  2. 1 cup chopped celery
  3. 1 cup chopped carrot
  4. 6 tablespoons onion
  5. 2 cups water
  • Whisk and cook:
  1. 1/2 cup butter - melt in pan, don't burn
  2. 1/2 cup flour - whisk in flour
  3. 4 cups milk - slowly whisk in milk
  4. 4 cups chicken broth - whisk in
  5. 1 pound Velvetta cheese - add until melted
  • 1 cup chopped cooked ham
  • Add everything together.
  • Optional: Add chopped chives and/or bacon bits on top of servings. We didn't add this, but it sure sounds good!

1 comment:

Felicia said...

Yum!! I remember when Graham used to like soup.. now it seems if it isn't a french fry or yogurt he doesn't want it! LOL

Disclaimer

The opinions on this blog are my personal take on products and topics relating to motherhood. This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me.

I am not compensated to provide opinions on a variety of topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are my own. If I claim to show knowledge of certain topic or product I will only endorse products or services that I feel, based on my expertise, are worthy of such endorsement.

If you have any questions about this blog, or want to get in contact with me please email me at: anapeladay@gmail.com