- My Mom (Grandma Spiehs to the boy's) is certainly not out of the woods yet.
- She got out of her three hour surgery.
- The Doctor showed us X-ray's of her ankle and foot. It has all kinds of hardware inside.
- She has a long road to recovery. We won't know if if the bones will fuse for awhile. There is over an 80% chance that they will.
- The doctor said that next year she can go Christmas shopping with us and go on vacation with my Dad (Grandpa Spiehs to the boys).
- For awhile she'll just be laying down and resting with her feet up.
- She goes home Wednesday, get her splint off and a cast on next Tuesday, and will have a cast for at least 6 weeks.
Beginning to look like CON season....
1 week ago