Thursday, December 10, 2009

MICA Logo

  • I was looking up information on Abbott Miller who is a graphic designer in NY. He works at one of the largest advertising agencies called Pentagram Studio.
  • I was talking about him for my Design and Layout class.
  • I came across his logo design for Maryland Institute College of Art, MICA. I had to put it on here considering that our son's name is Mica. It's just not a name you see everywhere.
  • We named him after Mica, a shiny silicate mineral with a layered structure, found as minute scales in granite and other rocks, or as crystals. It is used as a thermal or electrical insulator.
  • Some people think we're really Biblical because we have a Mica and an Isaak. Look at the spelling of their names. Micah in the Bible is spelled with an (h) on the end.
  • I got the spelling for Isaak from the singer Chris Isaak. I liked that spelling better than with a (c) on the end.

No comments:

Disclaimer

The opinions on this blog are my personal take on products and topics relating to motherhood. This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me.

I am not compensated to provide opinions on a variety of topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are my own. If I claim to show knowledge of certain topic or product I will only endorse products or services that I feel, based on my expertise, are worthy of such endorsement.

If you have any questions about this blog, or want to get in contact with me please email me at: anapeladay@gmail.com