Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Grandma Spiehs and Aunt Terra

  • Both Grandma Spiehs and Aunt Terra are carriers to pass down what's called Trisome 18.
  • Grandma Spiehs had one baby before my other sisters and I came around that was Trisome 18. Lisa was her name. She did not live very long.
  • Both times Aunt Terra was pregnant with Evan and Elijah, I was pregnant with Mica and Isaak. I was so worried that one of her children would end up being a Trisome 18 baby. As it turns out, they were fine. Evan is a carrier, but Elijah is like me and is not a carrier at all.

1 comment:

Felicia said...

This is such a devastating syndrome. I work with someone who had a similar experience with her first child.

Disclaimer

The opinions on this blog are my personal take on products and topics relating to motherhood. This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me.

I am not compensated to provide opinions on a variety of topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are my own. If I claim to show knowledge of certain topic or product I will only endorse products or services that I feel, based on my expertise, are worthy of such endorsement.

If you have any questions about this blog, or want to get in contact with me please email me at: anapeladay@gmail.com