Thursday, September 10, 2009

Sob

  • I've made two students cry in the last two days! :( I haven't made a student cry in a few years that I know about.
  • The first one was over preliminary ideas for artwork. The first year student really just didn't want me to say, "I'm not sure what that is, can you explain that to me?" and "I'd take this idea further by..." Her eyes were welling up and turning red.
  • The second one is a third year student that is bouncing all over the place with ideas. All her ideas are good. They just don't reflect one single campaign, maintain one look and go with the store. I've helped her with ideas, typed critiques and actually took her over to her poster and critiqued it. Finally I thought, this is enough. I sat down and had a heart to heart with her. Told her to pretend that I'm her client, and follow the critiques that have been given to her, or she'll fail the class. I didn't mean to be so harsh, but we're going on week 6, and she's still spinning her wheels from week two. She too cried.
  • I sometimes think that students walk into this college thinking it's going to be easy being an artist. It is not easy! It's one of the most competitive fields out there. You have to make projects work, and you better do it quickly, or you may loose a client.

No comments:

Disclaimer

The opinions on this blog are my personal take on products and topics relating to motherhood. This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me.

I am not compensated to provide opinions on a variety of topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are my own. If I claim to show knowledge of certain topic or product I will only endorse products or services that I feel, based on my expertise, are worthy of such endorsement.

If you have any questions about this blog, or want to get in contact with me please email me at: anapeladay@gmail.com