Friday, July 24, 2009

Good Site!

  • This is a great site for all topics on breast feeding: http://www.kellymom.com/
  • Including weaning, which is why I looked it up.
  • It explained that sometimes a mother can feel sad during the weaning process.
  • I feel this way. Just sort of sad. I'm going to miss Isaak and me (the closeness). I'm still nursing morning and night, but I know it's not going to last forever. By starting the weaning process during the day it is like I'm letting go of my child in one way. Closing a chapter in his life. :(
  • I'm excited to stop in a lot of other ways too. :)
  • I think you have to go through nursing awhile to understand the connection it can truly have.
  • It was such a struggle initially, and now I feel like I'm giving up what I worked so hard for.
  • I get a lot of mixed reviews about nursing. My mom and sister Terra are huge supporters. Then there are a mess of other people (family and work people) that think it's about time to stop.
  • I've taken it upon myself to stop the day time feedings. It's just time. I try not to listen to what other people say.
  • I don't want to feel guilty for stopping and I don't want to feel pressured either.
  • Everything I've read indicates to stop ever so slowly. It sometimes takes months to wean. I certainly do not want to get mastitis from stopping too quickly. If you think about it I started weaning the moment I gave Isaak baby cereal for the first time, so months is right!

No comments:

Disclaimer

The opinions on this blog are my personal take on products and topics relating to motherhood. This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me.

I am not compensated to provide opinions on a variety of topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are my own. If I claim to show knowledge of certain topic or product I will only endorse products or services that I feel, based on my expertise, are worthy of such endorsement.

If you have any questions about this blog, or want to get in contact with me please email me at: anapeladay@gmail.com