- This is a great site for all topics on breast feeding: http://www.kellymom.com/
- Including weaning, which is why I looked it up.
- It explained that sometimes a mother can feel sad during the weaning process.
- I feel this way. Just sort of sad. I'm going to miss Isaak and me (the closeness). I'm still nursing morning and night, but I know it's not going to last forever. By starting the weaning process during the day it is like I'm letting go of my child in one way. Closing a chapter in his life. :(
- I'm excited to stop in a lot of other ways too. :)
- I think you have to go through nursing awhile to understand the connection it can truly have.
- It was such a struggle initially, and now I feel like I'm giving up what I worked so hard for.
- I get a lot of mixed reviews about nursing. My mom and sister Terra are huge supporters. Then there are a mess of other people (family and work people) that think it's about time to stop.
- I've taken it upon myself to stop the day time feedings. It's just time. I try not to listen to what other people say.
- I don't want to feel guilty for stopping and I don't want to feel pressured either.
- Everything I've read indicates to stop ever so slowly. It sometimes takes months to wean. I certainly do not want to get mastitis from stopping too quickly. If you think about it I started weaning the moment I gave Isaak baby cereal for the first time, so months is right!
4 hours ago