Monday, February 16, 2009

Doctor's Appointment

  • Isaak had his 9 month check up over the weekend. He is 28.5" tall (64%), 18 lb (14%) and 44 cm on the head circumference (14%). Both my boys are long and skinny. Mica is fatter in the face than Isaak, but Isaak is fatter in the legs and tummy than Mica. They didn't even bring up the head circumference thing this time; last time they talked about how good it is that his head circumference was ok (because he had the meningitis they worry about the long term effects of it).
  • Isaak was good the whole time. Except when they gave him his shot; even then he didn't cry much. Mica per usual was very talkative. I gave him a Valentine to give to the nurse and one for the doctor. He's actually learned to sort of sign his name through us holding his arm to sign all his Valentines. Practice makes perfect. Now if we can get him to hold a scissors right to cut, he'll be doing good.
  • Dr. Harrison walked in and said, "Hi Isaiah!" I had to correct him. I just sort of laughed. He's a very good doctor, and is moving a ways away. We'll still go to him. I'm thankful that they'll take Sat. appointments! I've also been impressed with how he has personally called me to talk about Mica's tongue stuff, staph infection and Isaak's meningitis. Most of the time they just have a nurse call the mom. Harrison also came into the hospital when he was supposed to be out of the office.
  • Isaak's good and healthy. He's doing everything he's supposed to be doing. I'm sure he's not supposed to be waking up in the middle of the night, but we didn't go there. I still think with me working full time, it's his way of keeping up his milk supply. Then there is teething pain too. He wakes up only once to eat, and goes right back to sleep. We have the ok to put a blanket in his crib.
  • Mica showed off by saying the Preamble to the doctor. Travis taught him that. Mica gets so excited to see the doctor.

No comments:

Disclaimer

The opinions on this blog are my personal take on products and topics relating to motherhood. This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me.

I am not compensated to provide opinions on a variety of topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are my own. If I claim to show knowledge of certain topic or product I will only endorse products or services that I feel, based on my expertise, are worthy of such endorsement.

If you have any questions about this blog, or want to get in contact with me please email me at: anapeladay@gmail.com