Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Scary Thing

  • I heard last night on the news that a girl (middle school age) died of meningitis. She had a headache that just kept getting worse, her parents took her to the emergency room 2 hours later, 8 hours after the initial headache, she was dead. In the emergency room she had seizures, and was not responding. I feel so bad for her family and her friends!
  • I had a baby with it, who didn't even have a developed personality yet, and I felt awful. He was so little and couldn't tell me what hurt. Of course only one of us could be at the hospital at a time, unlike when Mica got his staph infection. Someone had to stay with Mica. I was with Isaak most of the time because I could nurse him, those antibodies helped him to get better. The pain cry is the worst! We couldn't feel a soft spot because there was so much pressure. I read that sometimes they have to drill holes into the head to relieve the pressure (Isaak didn't have that done). He had to have a mess of other things done though: A spinal tap, a couple IV's put in, gobs of antibiotics. He was so hot from his fever. I can't imagine losing him. We were not lucky to have to go through what we did, but so lucky to have him healthy today!

No comments:

Disclaimer

The opinions on this blog are my personal take on products and topics relating to motherhood. This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me.

I am not compensated to provide opinions on a variety of topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are my own. If I claim to show knowledge of certain topic or product I will only endorse products or services that I feel, based on my expertise, are worthy of such endorsement.

If you have any questions about this blog, or want to get in contact with me please email me at: anapeladay@gmail.com