Thursday, October 16, 2008

Isaak - Meningitis

  • Isaak had meningitis when he was 2 months old. To this day we do not know if it was bacterial or viral. All his numbers indicated bacterial, but no bacteria grew in the samples. So once again my second kid stumped the doctors. He too had that sick cry, which was all too similar to Mica's sick cry. His white blood cell count was high too. He had to get a spinal tap, an EEG, 2 IV's put in and a lot of blood drawn. He went home on home IV antibiotics. I guess we caught it early, so we're lucky, but at the time I didn't feel so lucky. I felt unlucky to have 2 major things happen to my babies. Now I feel lucky to have my healthy baby back again. We now know all the Infectious Disease Doctors in Omaha (there are only 3).

No comments:

Disclaimer

The opinions on this blog are my personal take on products and topics relating to motherhood. This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me.

I am not compensated to provide opinions on a variety of topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are my own. If I claim to show knowledge of certain topic or product I will only endorse products or services that I feel, based on my expertise, are worthy of such endorsement.

If you have any questions about this blog, or want to get in contact with me please email me at: anapeladay@gmail.com